Frequently Asked Questions
Here at Westchester Car Rentals we do our best to make your renting experience as convenient and pleasant as possible. In an attempt to achieve that goal, we have put together this list of frequently asked questions and policies. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us and one our professional counter agents would be happy to help you.
- A valid driver’s license with at least three years of driving experience.
- A major credit card or bank issued debit card in the driver’s name.
- Yes, we place a temporary authorization of $200 on the debit/credit card you will be renting the vehicle with.
- Yes, we will charge your credit/debit card the full rental balance due at the time of pick-up.
- The security deposit is released by your banking institution not Westchester Car Rentals. While most deposits are released within 3-5 business days from when it is taken, we have no way of knowing exactly when those funds will be released back to you. Depending on your institution it could take up to 21 business days to receive your deposit back.
- Yes, we offer unlimited mileage within a 350 mile radius of the rental office.
- No, while we offer unlimited mileage you are not permitted to travel further north than Maine, further south than North Carolina and further west than Ohio.
- While car rental companies are not technically selling “insurance”, the coverage we sell is called Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) and Road Hazard Protection (RHP). We bundle these two products together for the cost of $12/day for cars and $15/day for Mini-Vans and SUVs. These products relieve the renter of any financial responsibility associated with an accident less a $500 deductible.
- If you own a personal vehicle and would like to use your own insurance coverage to insure the rental that is always an option.
- Most major credit cards offer as a card benefit CDW when you pay the entire rental balance on that credit card.
When you make a reservation on-line it is not considered confirmed until you speak to one of our live counter agents.
We allow one additional driver to drive the rental vehicle at a cost of $5/day. The additional driver must be over 25 and be present at the time of pick up with a valid driver’s license.
The renter is responsible to return the vehicle fueled to the same level displayed upon pickup. If the vehicle is brought back with less fuel there is a charge of $5.50 per gallon to return the fuel to the appropriate level.
For drivers aged 21-24, there is a surcharge of $35/day in additional to the rental fee. You must also have a clean New York state license (A License Check will be performed).
Debit Card, Visa, Amex, Discover, MasterCard. Cash is accepted as a form of rental payment but cannot be left as a deposit.
We do allow after hours returns, but the renter is fully responsible for any damage to the rental vehicle until it is checked in the next business day.
Westchester Car Rentals reserves the right to electronically check a renter’s license through the New York State DMV. A renter can be denied a rental based on their driving history.
Our rental fees are based on a 24 hour period. We offer a one-hour grace period. After the grace period expires the renter will be charged an hourly rate until it reaches a 24 hour period charge.
Smoking or pets are not permitted in any of our rental vehicles. If a vehicle is brought back with any evidence of smoking or pets, the renter is subject to a $250 cleaning fee.